Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cricut Mat Tip & New Necklace

I wanted to share a tip for the Cricut mat that I haven't seen anywhere else. I am sure others have done this, too, but I trimmed the top and bottom of my mat so I can insert it in all four directions. It makes some projects sooo much easier, & it prolongs the life of the mat.

Provo Craft recommends 30 to 50 cuts for each mat. I have one and have used it hundreds of times. And I going to keep using it until I wear a hole in it! I spray it with a quilt basting spray every hundred cuts or so, to keep it sticky. I also clean it with baby wipes when it gets fuzzy. But I think most everyone knows those tips.

I trimmed the bottom (shown below) just under the numbers, &, yes, I know my trimming is kinda squiggly *smile*. The top I trimmed to the middle of the arrow. Whatever fits best on your machine though.

I also finished a new necklace with white and silver marbled beads...

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know either of those tips about the mats - thanks so much! I tried spraying mine with repositionable adhesive, but that definitely did not work. I'll give the quilt basting spray a try! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on the mats. I'll be giving them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Kate...that is a wonderful tip about cutting the other ends of the mat!! TFS!!!!
    BTW...my daughter's name is the same as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip about the spray.... shall go get! I often wonder why ProvoCraft did not make the mats such that you could load any of the 4 sides but hey - scissors do the trick I guess.
    Angela. xxx

    ReplyDelete